Monday 14 September 2015

Am done with boxing-Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather Jr has insisted that his victory over Andre Berto in Las Vegas on Sunday morning is his last bout in the sport.
The 38-year old boxer, beat his challenger, Berto 120-108, 118-110 and 117-111 to win the fight in a unanimous decision.
Mayweather has now equaled Rocky Marciano’s career record of 49-0, insisting that there’s nothing more to prove.

“My career is over, that’s official,” said five-weight world champion Mayweather, widely regarded as the greatest fighter of his generation.
“You’ve got to know when to hang them up. I’m close to 40 now. There’s nothing left to prove in the sport of boxing. Now I just want to spend time with my family.
“I am leaving the sport with all my faculties, I’m still sharp and smart. I’ve accomplished everything in this sport, there’s nothing else to accomplish.

Speaking in a 45-minute post-fight news conference, Mayweather said: “I had a game plan from the very beginning. I always knew what I wanted to do – be outspoken, be one of a kind. To be in the sport for 19 years and to be world champion for 18 years, I’ve had a remarkable career.
“It’s all about that IQ. I’m 10 steps ahead of any fighter, I take whatever is your best attribute and take that away from you, make you do what you don’t want to do.
“Every champion – Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Larry Holmes, the list goes on and on – they opened up the doors and paved the way for where I am today and I’m appreciative.
“But now the young fighters say, ‘We want to be like Mayweather’. It’s not cool to take punishment in the ring. I’m not perfect but I strived to be a perfectionist.”

No comments:

Advertise on LindaSpizeBlog

For Advert Inquiries
T:08082595656
E:lindaspize@gmail.com

For News/Tip Off
E:lindaspize@gmail.com

Lindaspize@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *